Reporting to the Director of Business and Innovation, a Business and Innovation Champion will work as a point of contact, or champion, to promote the services and resources of SOAR Innovation and its network of partners/resources to entrepreneurs, start-ups, and existing small businesses. Once identified, Business and Innovation Champions will work as case managers to move clients through the SOAR Innovation pipeline to achieve outcomes desired by the client. One (1) Business and Innovation Champion will be located at the following locations with an assigned service area:
· Madison County
· Work closely with stakeholders from across Appalachia Kentucky to identify potential entrepreneurs, start-ups, and existing small businesses who desire to expand by leveraging innovation to export, import, and/or utilize the digital economy for growth.
· Manage relationships with clients through the SOAR Innovation ecosystem to maximize efficiency of process to desired outcome(s).
· Provide meaningful communication and establish an effective working relationship with ecosystem partners throughout designated service area.
· Cultivates relationships and assess opportunities in consultation with the Director of Business and Innovation to drive growth and awareness in designated service area.
· Promotes the image, brand and awareness of SOAR Innovation in both sustaining and cultivating partnerships.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, science, engineering, or related field is preferred, but will consider candidates with equivalent, relevant work experience in relating to the development of entrepreneurship, start-ups, small businesses and workforce/talent development.
One (1) to three (3) years of experience working successfully in business development, technology start-up(s), and/or business consulting.
Demonstrated ability to turn first conversations into partnerships and deliverables.
Exceptional communication skills and strong skills in building teams and working in a collaborative environment.
Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment where priorities change frequently in response to external needs and opportunities.
Proven passion for Appalachia and Appalachia Kentucky.
Must be a self-starter who can work with little or no supervision.
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, paid individual health insurance, SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan, cell phone stipend, and mileage reimbursement for work related travel
Please email your resume, salary history, and letter of interest to email@example.com.
January 31, 2019
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.